1. I had the honor of guest posting over at HerKentucky this week and made this delicious Strawberry Yogurt Cake with Lemon Glaze. I HIGHLY recommend this sweet treat!
2. The 2nd generation of cucumbers are just starting to having baby cukes on them and the 3rd generation has sprouted. Hopefully there is enough time and warm weather left for the new ones to prosper.
3. I got a late birthday present from C this week and I can’t wait to try it out. My old blender was having trouble with my smoothie making so I wanted one that had more power but didn’t want to drop $400 for a Blendtec or Vitamix. I about hit the floor when I saw the prices of those. RIDICULOUS! This Kitchenaid beauty will be perfect!
4. Is this actually August in Kentucky? The weather has been cool and damp so it really doesn’t feel normal, but the clear evenings have been gorgeous. Get outside and enjoy!
5. Last but definitely not least, I had lunch with a wonderful friend of mine that I hadn’t got to talk to in about a year and we had such a great time. I am not sure if we came up for air during my entire lunch hour. We had so much to catch up on.