1. I tried something for the very first time last week. I took entries to the Kentucky State Fair for the culinary and photography competitions: an Italian cream cake, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate pecan fudge & a nature photo. The results should be published in the next day or two and I can’t wait to see if I place in any of the contests.
2. You really need to read this post over at Southern Plate. Christy has some awesome recipes on her site, but she has started a journal/devotion page that is just as good. This really touched me so go read it as soon as you are done here. You won’t be disappointed. Trust me!
3. For my 40th birthday last month, my sweet co-workers gave me a gift certificate for a manicure/pedicure and I finally took the time to use it this week. Aaahhh, bliss!
4. One of my fellow Southern Food Bloggers has a new book! Kendra Bailey Morris wrote the awesome “The Southern Slow Cooker Cookbook” and I received a complimentary copy in the mail this week to review. The photography is gorgeous and the recipes look divine. I can’t wait to try a few! Click here to purchase one for yourself. Here is the link to Ms. Morris’ blog, Fatback & Foie Gras and here is the link to her Facebook page and the FB page for her book.
5. Finally, C & I have a weakness for office supplies. I know, it’s weird but we both love new notebooks and pens and, well, you get the idea. Staples is having an awesome sale this week so we are hoping to get there today or tomorrow and stock up. It’s the small things in life that makes us happy.